Mills Estates continued its march toward Burlingame’s top end in 2020, posting double-digit increases in average and median price and an 8% increase in price per square foot, while reducing its average DOM by 21%, from 14 in 2019 to 11. In 2020 19 homes sold in Mills Estates, one more than in 2019, for an average price of $2.91 million — third-highest in Burlingame behind Burlingame Park and Easton Addition. Since 2017, home values in Mills Estate have increased by 26% (median by 23%), a clear sign that this neighborhood of sprawling, post-war homes with views — ideally configured to take advantage of the priority changes COVID has inspired in buyers — is ready to take its place among Burlingame’s most desirable neighborhoods.
To view a detailed google map of the Mills Estates neighborhood, click here. The MLS area is 472.
- Open floorplan homes mostly built in the 1960s
- Opportunity for larger square footage and larger lot
- Close to 280 and easy to pop down Trousdale to the Millbrae BART station
- Many homes have sweeping bay views
- Does not have a typical Burlingame older home feel
- Not close to Burlingame Ave and Broadway
- Hilly, though some streets are level
Home Data per tax records
|Single Family Homes|
|1 Bedroom Homes||0|
|2 Bedroom Homes||6|
|3 Bedroom Homes||302|
|4 Bedroom Homes||323|
|5+ Bedroom Homes||78|
|Number of Sales||26|
|Percent List Price Received||101.3%|
|Median Sales Price||$2,355,000|
|Average Sale Price||$2,402,000|
|Lowest Sale Price||$1,725,000|
|Highest Sale Price||$3,663,000|
Burlingame Real Estate Market Review
Each year Raziel publishes this award-winning annual review of the Burlingame real estate market.