1,960 sq ft
7,200 sq ft
Freshly finished inside and out, this home recalls all the charm and character of its circa 1946 Spanish heritage – from the adobe brick walls to the hand-hewn ceiling beams, tile finishes, and glass block accents. Designer-selected paint colors, new carpeting, and quartz countertops add a modern flair and create a setting that is ready to move in and enjoy today or further remodel for the home of your dreams. The location in Burlingame Gardens is perfect for access to either Broadway or Burlingame Avenue for the best of downtown dining and shopping – and all less than one mile away. This great location is also commuter friendly close to Caltrain and Highway 101 to San Francisco or Silicon Valley tech centers. Newly landscaped gardens provide the finishing touch on this large lot in a very private setting. Truly a wonderful place to call home!
7 years ago
McKinley Elementary, Burlingame Intermediate, Burlingame High (buyer to verify)
- Spacious ranch home with fresh finishes inside and out
- 3 bedrooms and 2 baths
- Approximately 1,960 square feet of living space
- Desirable Burlingame Gardens neighborhood with tree-lined streets and sidewalks less than one mile to Burlingame Avenue or Broadway for shopping and dining
- Classic ranch style with wide frontage and newly landscaped yard; a front porch spans the entrance for a welcoming introduction
- Adobe-style brick walls are introduced in the foyer and continue into the living room and dining room;
- Spanish tiles finish the floor beneath a cut crystal light fixture and window with leaded glass transom
- Spacious living room has hand-hewn ceiling beams recalling the home’s mid-century
- Spanish heritage; a wood-burning fireplace with to-the-ceiling mantelpiece creates a focal point on one wall and glass doors open to the rear yard; new carpeting finishes the floor
- Formal dining room with crystal drop and iron chandelier and Spanish tile flooring
- Updated kitchen has freshly painted cabinetry topped with contrasting quartz counters and subway-set tile or glass block backsplashes
- All new Frigidaire appliances include stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, and wine cooler
- Extending off the kitchen, the lovely sunroom features new vinyl flooring, a chandelier, and glass doors to the rear patio and yard
- Located off the sunroom is a bedroom with new carpeting, a chandelier, and direct access to a bathroom
- Finished with decorative Spanish tiles is a bathroom with shower and new quartz-topped vanity; accessible from both the front bedroom and the garage bonus area
- Located in a private wing, two additional bedrooms offer new carpeting, a center light; one has a glass door to the rear yard
- Positioned between these two bedrooms is a bathroom with tiled walls and a large display of glass block with integrated stained glass window; features include tiled flooring, a long vanity with quartz counter, tub, and separate glass-enclosed tiled shower
- Attached 2-car garage with laundry area and adjoining flexible, finished open space ideal for a play area, fitness center, or hobby space
- Spacious brick patio for entertaining plus level lawn with privacy afforded by perimeter trees
- Lot size of approximately 7,200 square feet
- Top-rated Burlingame schools
- Less than one mile to Caltrain, 10 minutes to BART, and less than one mile to Highway 101 to San Francisco or Silicon Valley tech centers
2022 was a challenging year for Burlingame Gardens real estate; year-over-year overall sales fell by half to seven and average prices tumbled by 20% percent, from $2.32 million to $1.86 million (median fell 24%, from $2.39 million to $1.82 million). More than 20% of Burlingame’s sub-$2 million transactions were found in Burlingame Gardens. There are, however, reasons for optimism in Burlingame Gardens: sale price to asking price remained very healthy, at 103.3%, but more interestingly, price per square foot, which had declined by 5.5% in 2021 after setting an all-time high in 2020, soared to $1,533 in 2022, a 24% increase and fifth-highest in the entire city.
The closest elementary school is McKinley Elementary, which is just across Carolan Avenue on Oak Grove.
To view a detailed google map of the Burlingame Gardens neighborhood, click here. The MLS area is 464.
Entry-level price point
Opportunity to own a smaller home in a good location
As the neighborhood is small, chance you'll hear the freeway or be very close to the train
Burlingame is one of the few areas that has maintained its gracious charm and timeless elegance over the decades. A favorite among families, Burlingame’s two main shopping areas, Burlingame Avenue and Broadway, attract a wide variety of shoppers discovering its boutiques, restaurants, dessert places, and clothing stores. Home to fresh farmer’s markets every Sunday morning in the summer and fall, jazz concerts in Washington Park, and a yearly Art in the Park fair, Burlingame is a wonderful place to start a family or retire later in life, and is well equipped for both!
Its tree lined streets offer an abundance of architecture and style of homes, from quaint two bedroom bungalows to thoughtfully designed four and five bedrooms.
- Timeless elegance
- Renowned small town, community feel
- Top schools
- Top rated schools
- Tree lined streets
- Burlingame is well known for it’s beautiful trees: each of its 15,000 trees is visited at least once every five years for care, and Burlingame has been a Tree City USA for over 30 consecutive years.
If you’re looking to buy a home in Burlingame in a particular public elementary school district, this unique google map will help you identify the geographic boundaries for enrollment of each school. This map was assembled from data from the school district website (handy for quickly identifying what school a particular address is assigned to), and is reliable but not guaranteed.
If you have more specific questions about schools in Burlingame, please contact Raziel. To verify enrollment in the event it is impacted, contact the Burlingame School District.
All addresses in Burlingame go to Burlingame High School (In 2003, the district lines were redrawn to incorporate this change). Burlingame High is within the San Mateo Union High School District (not the Burlingame School District, which includes all five public elementary schools and BIS). To verify enrollment information, please contact the High School District.
Burlingame shares a common history with neighbors San Mateo, Millbrae and Hillsborough, but only up to a point. Like the surrounding communities, Burlingame was once the site of native Costanoan villages and then part of a Mexican land grant (Rancho Buri Buri to the north and Rancho San Mateo to the south). Burlingame’s history diverges from that of nearby Peninsula cities in the late 1800s, when Francis Newlands, son-in-law of landowner and Nevada Senator William Sharon, came up with a plan to turn this stretch of real estate into a playground for San Francisco’s wealthiest residents.
Contact Raziel to find the right property for you.
With a team of experts guiding you every step of the way, our extensive knowledge and experience will ensure you have the best home buying experience possible.