The Burlingame Hills neighborhood begins at the edge of the desirable Easton Addition neighborhood (west of Alvarado Avenue, and about halfway up the hill between El Camino and Skyline), and is bordered to the north by Mills Estates, and to the south by Hillsborough.
One can find a smaller home that needs updating in the $1.1m – $1.3m range, all the way on up to 3,000+ s/f homes over $2m. Many of the lots are level and have views of the peninsula and the airport, while others have yards that are more hilly. Prices are comparable to the Easton Addition however price per square foot is slightly lower due to the premium associated with being closer to El Camino and shopping.
The closest public elementary schools are Franklin and Lincoln.Nueva Elementary is nearby down the road on Skyline, and is a private elementary and middle school focusing on the arts for gifted and talented children.
To view a detailed google map of the Burlingame Hills neighborhood, click here. The MLS area is 471.
- Ability to purchase a larger home on a larger lot, possibly with a view
- Close to 280 which makes commuting to the Valley or San Francisco nice and convenient
- Better value than a comparably sized home in Easton Addition
- Not walking distance to a park, Burlingame Ave, or Broadway
- Though a large lot is a possibility, it can be challenging to find one with a level yard
- The neighborhood is unincorporated San Mateo County
Home Data per tax records
|Single Family Homes|
|1 Bedroom Homes||2|
|2 Bedroom Homes||60|
|3 Bedroom Homes||358|
|4 Bedroom Homes||226|
|5+ Bedroom Homes||115|
|Number of Sales||15|
|Percent List Price Received||103.8%|
|Median Sales Price||$2,500,000|
|Average Sale Price||$2,847,000|
|Lowest Sale Price||$1,688,000|
|Highest Sale Price||$5,100,000|