Time has been kind to the homes of Southwood. Well-maintained properties here recently have been selling for between $800,000 and $1.4 million, putting the neighborhood — with its larger-than-usual three- and four-bedroom homes sometimes edging up to 2,000 square feet — in South City’s middle-to-upper-middle-class. Students here can walk to the well-rated Ponderosa Elementary School and to a branch of the San Mateo County Public Library, which children and adults both will appreciate a stroll to one of the area’s best sandwich shops, Little Lucca, located just across El Camino Real from Southwood.
- Quiet suburban neighborhood is centrally-located and convenient for commuters, shoppers, diners etc.
- Most neighborhood homes are in impeccable condition; residents’ pride of ownership is obvious
- Post-war homes include excellent craftsmanship and period details
- Small neighborhood equals a tight residential home market; listings, while not exactly rare, are not plentiful
- Access to Highway 101 is not ideal
Home Data per tax records
|Single Family Homes|
|1 Bedroom Homes||0|
|2 Bedroom Homes||0|
|3 Bedroom Homes||0|
|4 Bedroom Homes||0|
|5+ Bedroom Homes||0|